The origins of the design, construction and building firm belonging to the Schiavi family, date back to 1850. However, it was only in 1928, with the establishment of a de facto corporation that Cavalier Luigi Schiavi followed in a family tradition that has now reached the fifth consecutive generation. The company first registered with the Chamber of Commerce in Bergamo on 22/12/1928 under number 19045. Just under twenty-five years later, in 1951, the business registered with the Regional List of Building Companies and the Building Workers’ Social Security Fund of Bergamo, then in 1953, with the Body of Construction Companies in Bergamo – now known as the ANCE, Bergamo.
FROM THE 1960s TO THE 1980s
In 1964, Schiavi registered with the newly formed ANC (no. 7310/04). Three years later, the company, originally known as "Impresa Luigi Schiavi dei fratelli Schiavi", became a limited partnership (SNC): the company purpose was listed as “building company” and this meant a change in the ANC registration no. to 21821/07. In 1968, the newly formed Schiavi Snc was registered with the Association of Building Companies in Milan (Assimpredil) at the same time as its activities began to expand throughout the Milan area. Within four years, the company opened its administrative headquarters in Milan, while in 1981 the company structure was again changed: Impresa Luigi Schiavi dei Fratelli Schiavi Snc became Impresa di Costruzioni Edili Luigi Schiavi Spa, and the company itself moved to its current headquarters in Bellusco, in the province of Monza and Brianza.
TOWARDS THE NEW MILLENNIUM
In 1990, the company was further reorganised, becoming what is currently Schiavi Spa – Impresa di Costruzioni. Company stock was increased to £ 4,000,000,000 (fully paid up). During the 1990s, the brand continued with its strong and constant expansion, continuing to operate throughout the Lombardy region. In 1997, the company registered with the Association of Building Companies in the province of Lecco. With the arrival of the new millennium, in 2000, Schiavi Spa obtained quality certification in line with the UNI EN ISO 9002 standard, recognised on the basis of quality and procedural standards achieved. Three years later, in 2004, the Quality Management Certification System was renewed in line with the UNI EN ISO 9001:2000 standard. At the same time, the company received SOA (Certifying Body) Cat. OG1 Class VIII certification for the performance of public contract works without limits to amount.
SCHIAVI SPA TODAY
After Paolo Schiavi was appointed President of the Board of Directors in 2004, a period in which the whole Schiavi Group was expanded and then reshuffled in terms of company structure, the company was ready to face the new millennium with even greater enthusiasm. In 2006 the fully paid-up company stock was increased to €3,000,000.00, and in 2008 the business obtained quality certification for the new OG2 class III category for the restoration of listed buildings. Further certification arrived in 2011: UNI EN ISO 9001:2008 for the “design, building and renovation of civilian buildings”. Also in 2011, the OG2 category was increased and now is at class IV level.
Can not find what you are looking for?
+39 039 60 21 291